NURS 3200 Literature Analysis Project
Assignment ID Number AFFGEHU83939HD Type of Document Essay Writing Format APA/MLA/Harvard Academic Level Masters/University References/Sources 4 References
NURS 3200 Literature Analysis Project
Thinking critically and writing clearly are essential requirements of the role of the professional nurse. This assignment builds upon the skills mastered in the first semester junior writing assignments, including critical thinking, writing skills, and computer literacy in the discipline of nursing. Completion of this paper partially fulfills both the junior-senior writing requirement and the computer literacy requirement of the Liberal Arts and Sciences curriculum.
The objective of this assignment is for the student to be able to explore a topic which relates to a specific area of clinical nursing. The student will select a topic from a list which addresses topics related to the clinical specialty of the course in which the student is enrolled. The student will explore the nursing literature in relation to the topic, and will discuss the current state of nursing care related to this topic.
The paper grade will comprise 5% of the course grade.
- Search the nursing literature and find two professional nursing articles that relate to your selected topic. One of the articles must be a nursing research article. The literature search should be from a current American nursing journal (published within the last 5 years) and may be done from databases such as CINHAL, Medline or Proquest.
- Submit the articles to your reader for approval by the deadline
- The paper should be three to four pages in length.
- The paper should be typed and referenced using the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (7th ed.) (2019). Washington, D.C.: American Psychological Association.
- The paper must be submitted in BOTH written and electronic forms. Electronic submissions are to be made by email. A copy of the nursing articles MUST be submitted with the typed copy of the paper.
Failure to meet either of the above due dates (including having the articles approved) will result in the loss of full credit for the assignment. This includes submitting the final assignment in both forms and submitting the nursing articles with the written paper.
Content of the Paper:
- Introduction: Two paragraphs which provide an overview of the topic and its importance to nursing and health care.
- Body of the Paper:
- Summarize in your own words the key points of the journal articles. When referencing the articles, APA format should be used. When summarizing the research article, include the following:
- Statement of purpose researcher/s overall goal of the study
- Hypothesis anticipated findings
- Sample number of participants and their characteristics
- Methods how the data was gathered (interview, written survey/questionnaire)
- Results what the study showed
- Discuss the implications for nursing practice. This discussion needs to synthesize information obtained from both journal articles and should be longer than one paragraph.
- Summary and conclusion: A summary of the main points of the paper, and a conclusion which reflects the meaning of what you have learned related to nursing practice.
Grading Rubric Possible points Achieved Points
Introduction: Two paragraphs which provide an overview of the topic and its importance to nursing and health care.
10 points Body of the Paper:
Summarize in your own words the key points of the journal articles. When referencing the articles, APA format should be used. When summarizing the research article, include the following:
Statement of purpose researcher/s overall goal of the study
Hypothesis anticipated findings
Sample number of participants and their characteristics
Methods how the data was gathered (interview, written survey/questionnaire)
Results what the study showed
30 points Discuss the implications for nursing practice based upon the journal articles.
30 points Summary/Conclusion 10 points
Grammar, Sentence Structure, Appropriate Language
10 points Adherence to APA format 10 points
QUALITY OF RESPONSE NO RESPONSE POOR / UNSATISFACTORY SATISFACTORY GOOD EXCELLENT Content (worth a maximum of 50% of the total points) Zero points: Student failed to submit the final paper. Use of Sources (worth a maximum of 20% of the total points). Grammar (worth maximum of 20% of total points) Zero points: Student failed to submit the final paper. Structure of the Paper (worth 10% of total points) Zero points: Student failed to submit the final paper. 5 points out of 10: Appearance of final paper demonstrates the student’s limited ability to format the paper. There are significant errors in formatting and/or the total omission of major components of an APA 6th edition paper. They can include the omission of the cover page, abstract, and page numbers. Additionally the page has major formatting issues with spacing or paragraph formation. Font size might not conform to size requirements. The student also significantly writes too large or too short of and paper 10 points: Student provides a high-caliber, formatted paper. This includes an APA 6th edition cover page, abstract, page number, headers and is double spaced in 12’ Times Roman Font. Additionally, the paper conforms to the specific number of required written pages and neither goes over or under the specified length of the paper.
GET THIS PROJECT NOW BY CLICKING ON THIS LINK TO PLACE THE ORDER
Do You Have Any Other Essay/Assignment/Class Project/Homework Related to this? Click Here Now [CLICK ME]and Have It Done by Our PhD Qualified Writers!!