Life and Teachings of Jesus
|Assignment ID Number||AFFGEHU83939HD|
|Type of Document||Essay|
Life and Teachings of Jesus
L. F. Massey Ph.D.
Read the following sections of the gospels and answer the questions. Single spacing is acceptable. Maintain numbering as given.
Jesus Before High Priest (John 18:12-24; Matthew 26:57-75).
1. Why did the Jewish guards strike Jesus as He stood before Annas?
2. What kind of witnesses testified against Jesus?
3. When asked by the high priest if he was the Son of God, how did Jesus answer?
4. What charge did the high priest then make?
5. Summarize how Peter denied Christ three times.
6. What evidence is there that Peter repented?
Jesus Before Pilate (Matthew 27:1-14).
7. Who was Pontius Pilate?
8. Tell of the remorse, confession, and suicide of Judas.
9. State the charges which the Jews made against Jesus before Pilate.
10. Why did the Jews take Jesus to Pilate?
11. What answer did Jesus give to Pilates question, “Are you the King of the Jews?” and what was Jesus response to the Jews accusations?
Jesus Before Herod (Luke 23:4-12).
12. What did Pilate decide to do when he learned that Jesus had begun his ministry in Galilee.
13. Why was Herod anxious to see Jesus?
14. How did Herod treat Jesus?
15. What effect did Pilates gesture of recognition have on Herod?
The Verdict (Matthew 27:15-26; Luke 23:13-25; John 19:1-15).
16. Who was Barabbas, and why did Pilate bring him in at the trial of Jesus?
17. After examination, what was Pilates decision regarding the accusations against Jesus?
18. What message did Pilates wife send to the governor during the trial?
19. Why did Pilate have Jesus scourged?
20. What caused Pilate to be afraid and to ask Jesus, “From where are you?”
21. How was Pilate influenced by the Jews charge, “If you release this man, you are not Caesars friend?”
22. What did Pilate give permission to do with Jesus and Barabbas?
23. How did the soldiers treat Jesus?
The Crucifixion (Mark 15:21-41; Matthew 27:32-61; Luke 23:26-49; John 19:28-37).
24. What was the role of Simon of Cyrene in the crucifixion of Jesus?
25. Where was Jesus crucified?
26. What did the soldiers do with Jesus garments?
27. With whom was Jesus crucified?
28. At what time of day did the crucifixion begin? How long did Jesus remain on the cross, and why was there a hurry to take it down?
29. List and comment on the events in Luke 23 that are not discussed in the other Gospels.
30. Give the words of the superscription that Pilate put on the cross, and in which three languages was it written?
31. List the seven sayings of Jesus while hanging on the cross.
32. Who were the three Marys standing by the cross?
33. At the moment of Jesus death, what phenomena occurred?
34. Describe how some were moved at that point to confess the deity of Jesus.
35. As the soldiers came to break the legs of those who were crucified, why did they not break those of Jesus?
The Burial (Mark 15:42-47; Matthew 27:62-66).
36. What was the role of Joseph of Arimathea in the burial of Jesus? And Nicodemus?
37. What did the chief priest and Pharisees request of Pilate concerning the sepulchre?
The Empty Tomb (Matthew 28:1-10; Mark 16:1-8; John 20:1-10).
38. When the Sabbath was past, who came to the tomb and for what purpose?
39. What do the Gospels say about who rolled the stone from the sepulchre?
40. As the women arrived at the tomb early on the first day of the week, how did they learn that Jesus was risen?
41. According to the Gospel of John, Mary Magdalene informed Simon Peter and John that the tomb was empty. Recount how they reacted.
Resurrection Appearances (Matthew 28:11-20; Mark 16:9-20; Luke 24:13-49; John 20:11-21:17).
42. List the ten appearances of Jesus, following His Resurrection.
43. Discuss why Jesus told Mary not to touch Him.
44. Explain the conspiracy between the Jewish elders and the guards?
45. Why were the two disciples, to whom He appeared on the way to Emmaus, not able to recognize Him?
46. Summarize what Jesus said to them.
47. Why did the disciples meet behind closed doors on the day Christ arose?
48. Were they expecting Christ to arise? Explain.
49. How did Christ convince the disciples that they were truly seeing him in bodily form?
50. Which disciple was absent at this appearance?
51. The same disciple soon confessed “My Lord and my God.” What prompted that?
52. Why did John record selected signs performed by Jesus?
53. Where were seven disciples as Jesus appeared to them, and what were they doing?
54. Relate Jesus final words to Peter concerning evidence of love and commitment.
55. Where did Jesus appear to the eleven for the last time?
56. Summarize the words of Jesus commonly called “the Great Commission.”
57. Find and summarize what the Gospel writers say about Christs ascension.
58. Describe how we know the apostles were faithful in carrying out the Great Commission.
GET THIS PROJECT NOW BY CLICKING ON THIS LINK TO PLACE THE ORDER
Tired of getting an average grade in all your school assignments, projects, essays, and homework? Try us today for all your academic schoolwork needs. We are among the most trusted and recognized professional writing services in the market.
We provide unique, original and plagiarism-free high quality academic, homework, assignments and essay submissions for all our clients. At our company, we capitalize on producing A+ Grades for all our clients and also ensure that you have smooth academic progress in all your school term and semesters.
High-quality academic submissions, A 100% plagiarism-free submission, Meet even the most urgent deadlines, Provide our services to you at the most competitive rates in the market, Give you free revisions until you meet your desired grades and Provide you with 24/7 customer support service via calls or live chats.