Differentiating Normal and Abnormal Health History Assignment
Assignment ID Number AFFGEHU83939HD Type of Document Essay Writing Format APA/MLA/Harvard Academic Level Masters/University References/Sources 4 References
Differentiating Normal and Abnormal Health History Assignment
Alternative Writing Assignment
Guidelines and Grading Rubric
As a family nurse practitioner, you must possess excellent physical assessment skills. This alternative writing assignment mirrors the discussion content of the debriefing session and will allow the student to expand their knowledge of physical health assessment principles specific to the advanced practice role.
This assignment is guided by the following Course Outcomes (COs):
- Apply advanced practice nursing knowledge to collecting health history information and physical examination findings for various patient populations. (PO 1, 2)
- Differentiate normal and abnormal health history and physical examination findings. (PO 1, 2)
- Adapt health history and physical examination skills to the developmental, gender-related, age-specific, and special population needs of the individual patient. (PO 1, 2)
The purposes of this assignment are to: (a) identify and articulate advanced assessment health history and physical examination techniques which are relevant to a focused body system (CO 1), (b) differentiate normal and abnormal findings with regard to a disease or condition that impacts the body system (CO 2), and (c) adapt advanced assessment skills if necessary to suit the needs of specific patient populations (CO 4).
NOTE: You are to complete this alternative writing assignment ONLY if you had not participated or do not plan to participate in a debriefing session for the given week.
Due Date: This alternative written assignment is due no later than the Sunday of the week in which you did not attend the weekly debriefing session. For example, if you did not attend a debriefing session for Week 3, this written assignment is due the Sunday at 11:59 p.m. MT of Week 4.
The standard MSN Participation Late Assignment policy applies to this assignment (please see the course syllabus)
Total Points Possible: 25 Points
- This paper will be graded on the quality of the information, inclusion of evidence-based scholarly resources, use of citations, use of Standard English grammar, and organization based on the required components (see the paper headings and content details below).
- Submit to the appropriate location in Canvas by 11:59 p.m. MT on Sunday of the week due.
- The length of the paper is to be no less than 1,500 words, excluding title page and reference list.
- Create this assignment using Microsoft (MS) Word. You can tell that the document is saved as a MS Word document because it will end in “.docx.”
- APA format (6th edition) is required in this assignment, explicitly for in-text citations and the reference list. Use 12-point Times New Roman font with 1 inch margins and double spacing. See the APA manual for details regarding proper citation. See resources under Course Resources, “Guidelines for Writing Professional Papers” for further clarification.
- Organize the headings and content of your paper using the outline below:
- Identify and briefly discuss the body system selected for the topic of this paper
- Discuss the physiology (structure and function) of the body system including details about the major organ systems (if applicable)
- Discuss relevant health history questions (subjective data) pertaining to the body system
- Discuss an overview of the objective data and expected normal physical examination findings for this body system
- Discuss special physical assessment examination techniques or procedures specific to assessing this body system
- Discuss how you might adapt your physical assessment skills or techniques to accommodate each of the following specific populations:
- Identify one major disease or disease process that may significantly impact this body system
- Discuss the expected abnormal physical examination findings that may be associated with this disease or disease process
- Summarize the key points
Preparing the Paper:
- Select a focused body system from the weekly lesson which corresponds with the week of the written assignment.
- Carefully read and review the selected body system in your course textbooks.
- Incorporate at least one scholarly peer-reviewed journal article that relates to the body system. It may be useful to identify an article that relates to a disease that impacts the body system.
- The paper must clearly articulate the relevance of advanced physical assessment skills, techniques, application of advanced practice knowledge, and assessment modification (when necessary) to accommodate for specific patient populations.
- Provide concluding statements that should summarize key points of the overall assignment content.
- In-text citations and reference page(s) must be written using proper APA format (6th edition).
Category Points % Description Application of Knowledge, Analysis, and Clarity 10 40% Student demonstrates application of course knowledge consistent with the principles of advanced physical assessment; content is specific to the focus topic, organized, and clearly presented. Adapted Physical Assessment Skills to Special Populations, Disease Process, and Summary 10 40% Discussed appropriate clinical reasoning and judgment as evidenced by: adaption of physical assessment skills or techniques to accommodate special populations;
identified one major disease or disease process and expected examination findings; and summarized key points
Writing Mechanics and Evidence-based Resources 5 20% Paper meets the minimum 1,500 word limit (not including the reference list); Paper is fully supported by evidence from appropriate Evidence-based, peer-reviewed resources published within the last 5 years; In-text citations and full references are provided using proper APA formatting. Total 25 100 A quality assignment will meet or exceed all of the above requirements.
Chamberlain College of Nursing NR509 Advanced Physical Assessment
Assignment Criteria Satisfactory Unsatisfactory 10 POINTS 0 POINTS Application of Knowledge, Analysis, and Clarity Student demonstrates knowledge consistent with the principles of advanced physical assessment; content is specific to the focus topic, organized, and clearly presented. Student did not demonstrate knowledge consistent with the principles of advanced physical assessment; content was missing, unorganized, and unclear. 10 POINTS 0 POINTS Adapted Physical Assessment Skills to Special Populations, Disease Process, and Summary Discussed how to adapt physical assessment skills or techniques to accommodate special populations; and
identified one major disease or disease process and expected examination findings; summarized key points.
Student did not adapt physical assessment skills or techniques to accommodate special populations; and did not
identify one major disease or disease process and expected examination findings; did not summarize key points.
5 POINTS 0 POINTS Writing Mechanics and Evidence-based Resources Paper meets the minimum 1,500 word limit (not including the reference list); Paper is fully supported by evidence from appropriate sources published within the last 5 years; and Evidence-based, peer- reviewed journal article cited; In-text citations and full references are provided. Paper does not meet the minimum 1,500 word limit (not including the reference list)
Paper contains no evidence-based practice reference or citation.
Total Possible- Satisfactory = 25 Points 25 Points 0 Points
NR509 January 2018 4
QUALITY OF RESPONSE NO RESPONSE POOR / UNSATISFACTORY SATISFACTORY GOOD EXCELLENT Content (worth a maximum of 50% of the total points) Zero points: Student failed to submit the final paper. 20 points out of 50: The essay illustrates poor understanding of the relevant material by failing to address or incorrectly addressing the relevant content; failing to identify or inaccurately explaining/defining key concepts/ideas; ignoring or incorrectly explaining key points/claims and the reasoning behind them; and/or incorrectly or inappropriately using terminology; and elements of the response are lacking. 30 points out of 50: The essay illustrates a rudimentary understanding of the relevant material by mentioning but not full explaining the relevant content; identifying some of the key concepts/ideas though failing to fully or accurately explain many of them; using terminology, though sometimes inaccurately or inappropriately; and/or incorporating some key claims/points but failing to explain the reasoning behind them or doing so inaccurately. Elements of the required response may also be lacking. 40 points out of 50: The essay illustrates solid understanding of the relevant material by correctly addressing most of the relevant content; identifying and explaining most of the key concepts/ideas; using correct terminology; explaining the reasoning behind most of the key points/claims; and/or where necessary or useful, substantiating some points with accurate examples. The answer is complete. 50 points: The essay illustrates exemplary understanding of the relevant material by thoroughly and correctly addressing the relevant content; identifying and explaining all of the key concepts/ideas; using correct terminology explaining the reasoning behind key points/claims and substantiating, as necessary/useful, points with several accurate and illuminating examples. No aspects of the required answer are missing. Use of Sources (worth a maximum of 20% of the total points). Zero points: Student failed to include citations and/or references. Or the student failed to submit a final paper. 5 out 20 points: Sources are seldom cited to support statements and/or format of citations are not recognizable as APA 6th Edition format. There are major errors in the formation of the references and citations. And/or there is a major reliance on highly questionable. The Student fails to provide an adequate synthesis of research collected for the paper. 10 out 20 points: References to scholarly sources are occasionally given; many statements seem unsubstantiated. Frequent errors in APA 6th Edition format, leaving the reader confused about the source of the information. There are significant errors of the formation in the references and citations. And/or there is a significant use of highly questionable sources. 15 out 20 points: Credible Scholarly sources are used effectively support claims and are, for the most part, clear and fairly represented. APA 6th Edition is used with only a few minor errors. There are minor errors in reference and/or citations. And/or there is some use of questionable sources. 20 points: Credible scholarly sources are used to give compelling evidence to support claims and are clearly and fairly represented. APA 6th Edition format is used accurately and consistently. The student uses above the maximum required references in the development of the assignment. Grammar (worth maximum of 20% of total points) Zero points: Student failed to submit the final paper. 5 points out of 20: The paper does not communicate ideas/points clearly due to inappropriate use of terminology and vague language; thoughts and sentences are disjointed or incomprehensible; organization lacking; and/or numerous grammatical, spelling/punctuation errors 10 points out 20: The paper is often unclear and difficult to follow due to some inappropriate terminology and/or vague language; ideas may be fragmented, wandering and/or repetitive; poor organization; and/or some grammatical, spelling, punctuation errors 15 points out of 20: The paper is mostly clear as a result of appropriate use of terminology and minimal vagueness; no tangents and no repetition; fairly good organization; almost perfect grammar, spelling, punctuation, and word usage. 20 points: The paper is clear, concise, and a pleasure to read as a result of appropriate and precise use of terminology; total coherence of thoughts and presentation and logical organization; and the essay is error free. Structure of the Paper (worth 10% of total points) Zero points: Student failed to submit the final paper. 3 points out of 10: Student needs to develop better formatting skills. The paper omits significant structural elements required for and APA 6th edition paper. Formatting of the paper has major flaws. The paper does not conform to APA 6th edition requirements whatsoever. 5 points out of 10: Appearance of final paper demonstrates the student’s limited ability to format the paper. There are significant errors in formatting and/or the total omission of major components of an APA 6th edition paper. They can include the omission of the cover page, abstract, and page numbers. Additionally the page has major formatting issues with spacing or paragraph formation. Font size might not conform to size requirements. The student also significantly writes too large or too short of and paper 7 points out of 10: Research paper presents an above-average use of formatting skills. The paper has slight errors within the paper. This can include small errors or omissions with the cover page, abstract, page number, and headers. There could be also slight formatting issues with the document spacing or the font Additionally the paper might slightly exceed or undershoot the specific number of required written pages for the assignment. 10 points: Student provides a high-caliber, formatted paper. This includes an APA 6th edition cover page, abstract, page number, headers and is double spaced in 12’ Times Roman Font. Additionally, the paper conforms to the specific number of required written pages and neither goes over or under the specified length of the paper.
GET THIS PROJECT NOW BY CLICKING ON THIS LINK TO PLACE THE ORDER
Do You Have Any Other Essay/Assignment/Class Project/Homework Related to this? Click Here Now [CLICK ME]and Have It Done by Our PhD Qualified Writers!!
Tired of getting an average grade in all your school assignments, projects, essays, and homework? Try us today for all your academic schoolwork needs. We are among the most trusted and recognized professional writing services in the market.
We provide unique, original and plagiarism-free high quality academic, homework, assignments and essay submissions for all our clients. At our company, we capitalize on producing A+ Grades for all our clients and also ensure that you have smooth academic progress in all your school term and semesters.
High-quality academic submissions, A 100% plagiarism-free submission, Meet even the most urgent deadlines, Provide our services to you at the most competitive rates in the market, Give you free revisions until you meet your desired grades and Provide you with 24/7 customer support service via calls or live chats.