CINE 007 Lady for a Day Analysis
|Assignment ID Number||AFFGEHU83939HD|
|Type of Document||Essay|
Cinema 7A Film Analysis Assignment
1. Read the chapter on film analysis.
2. Rent and view one of the films from the list below. You should view the film at least twice. Take notes as you go and pause and replay scenes that you dont understand or that you find particularly interesting.
3. Write a paper which answers the questions below.
a. For minimum credit answer all the questions below. Be sure to number your answers.
b. More complete answers will receive higher scores.
4. Papers must be type written and double-spaced. No papers will be accepted by e-mail. Length: 4 7 pages.
1. What is the true subject or theme of the film, and what kind of statement, if any, does the film make about the subject? Which elements and which scenes contribute most to addressing the theme of the film?
2. How do all of the separate elements of the film relate to and contribute to the theme, central purpose, or total effect?
a. Narrative The manner in which the story is told. What is the plot structure? Is it chronological or non-linear? Are there flashbacks or other narrative devices and why are they used?
b. Acting the qualities of the performances. Is the acting realistic or is it mannered? Are the characters dynamic (do they change as the film progresses)? How?
c. Cinematography The qualities of the photography and lighting. Identify specific scenes and camera shots that you thought were particularly interesting.
d. Editing The pace and tempo, the use of transitions and the organization of the narrative. Identify any editing technique you thought was particularly interesting
e. Art Direction and Design Locations, sets, effects, props, costumes and make-up.
3. What scenes in the film show the directors style and how do they show it?
4. What were your personal reactions to the film? What are your personal reasons for liking or disliking the film?
Films By Howard Hawks: Scarface (1932), Only Angels Have Wings (1939), Red River (1948), Monkey Business (1952)
Films Noir: Scarlet Street (1945), The Killers (1946), Ace in the Hole (1951), The Big Heat (1953), Pick-up on South Street (1953),
Films by Frank Capra: Lady for a Day (1933), Mr. Deeds Goes to Town (1936), Its a Wonderful Life (1946), State of the Union (1948)
GET THIS PROJECT NOW BY CLICKING ON THIS LINK TO PLACE THE ORDER
Tired of getting an average grade in all your school assignments, projects, essays, and homework? Try us today for all your academic schoolwork needs. We are among the most trusted and recognized professional writing services in the market.
We provide unique, original and plagiarism-free high quality academic, homework, assignments and essay submissions for all our clients. At our company, we capitalize on producing A+ Grades for all our clients and also ensure that you have smooth academic progress in all your school term and semesters.
High-quality academic submissions, A 100% plagiarism-free submission, Meet even the most urgent deadlines, Provide our services to you at the most competitive rates in the market, Give you free revisions until you meet your desired grades and Provide you with 24/7 customer support service via calls or live chats.