Assignment ID Number AFFGEHU83939HD Type of Document Essay Writing Format APA/MLA/Harvard Academic Level Masters/University References/Sources 4 References
Just Practice Framework Assessment
Aim: To understand the importance of ascertaining the meaning that service users give to the experiences and the conditions in their lives as well as their wishes and feelings. This is important to ensure that service users are involved in assessment, planning, and review processes with the goal of you, the social worker, being able to first understand the meaning, wishes, and feelings of service users and then presenting these clearly and confidently to others.
To ensure that the five themes of the Just Practice Framework are consistently applied when working with service users: Meaning, Context, Power, History and Possibility
Introduction (half a page)
· What is the topic?
· What is the connection to social work?
· What does your paper do?
Identity and Issues (1 page)
· Think of a person that you are working with and identify where you are in the process (i.e. engagement, assessment/planning/review). Identify the issues being addressed in the situation presented by the person
Meaning (2 pages)
· How are you working with the service user in order to find out what their understanding of the situation is? How are you ascertaining the MEANING they give to the experiences and conditions that shape their lives, as well as their wishes and feelings?
Contexts (2 pages)
· CONTEXT is the background and set of circumstances and conditions that surround and influence particular events and situations in the lives of all of us. Context allows us to look beyond the obvious and see things that might otherwise be missed. Within social work, the interwoven contexts are often interpersonal, sociopolitical, and community-based. How are you taking into consideration the contexts in which the clients experiences and conditions unfold? What are those contexts? How are contexts adding to the meaning given by the person to their lived experience and conditions? How are contexts impacting your understanding of the situation?
Similarities in Positionality (1 page)
· Consider how your approach is/may be affected by any similarities between you and the person (e.g., in age, gender, ability, ethnicity, sexual orientation, class status, and/or education).
Differences in Positionality (1 page)
· Consider how your approach is/may be affected because of any of your social identities that are not the same as those of the service user (e.g., in age, gender, ability, ethnicity, sexual orientation, class status, and/or education).
Power & History (2 pages)
· As an individual in a professional position, the social worker has to be aware of how their role might connote POWER to the service user. According to Finn (2016), there are different forms of power. Power over, power within, power with, and power to act.
· Where is the service user experiencing someone having power over them and their life? Where in their life is the service user exercising power over people in their life?
· Where is this happening in their personal life as in people close to them having power over them? Where is the service user exercising power to act with people close to them?
· Where is it happening in their external environment, as in a child welfare system having power over them? Or do the police and or justice system have power over them? Are the service recipients having issues with the school system? Where is the service user exercising power within relationships that are a part of their external environment?
· How much weight/consideration are you giving to this persons story about the experiences and conditions of their life as well as their wishes and feelings?
· How has HISTORY marked the person or their group or community for oppression? How has history shaped their resilience? What might their history tell us about POSSIBILITY for the service user? For example, the service user has had to deal with adversity since they were 12 years old due to sexual orientation and gender non-conformity or the service user has an immigration story.
Power & Possibility (1 page)
· What other avenues are there for the service users meaning, wishes, and feelings to be presentedincluding them doing so for themselves? Are you sure that you have adequately explored their meaning, wishes, and feelings?
Conclusion (half a page)
· What is the biggest takeaway from this essay?
· How will this information make you a better social worker?
Please Note: Your paper should total between 10-12 pages (not including the cover or reference pages) and use standard APA formatting.
0 – 1 Points
2 – 3 Point
4 – 5 Points
Unprofessional communication; many errors; no APA
Minor grammar, spelling, and APA errors
Postings are professional and in standard written English with APA
Complete addressing of assessment criteria
Criteria not fully addressed
Minimal response to criteria; minor aspects missing
All criteria are fully addressed
Evidence of critical thinking or extending information
Critical thinking or extending information not evident
Obvious responses to questions; little thought evident
Posts demonstrate critical thinking with evidence base from research or experience
No connections provided
Minimal connections provided to readings/activities
Clear connections to readings/activities
Submitted an overview / summary of the case selected for analysis. Also identified those procedural steps to be analyzed.
Did not provide an adequate overview or summary of the selected case or failed to identify those steps to be analyzed.
Provides an adequate overview or summary of the selected case and steps to be analyzed though may not be clear or complete.
Case overview is clearly presented including all appropriate investigative steps to be analyzed.
Tired of getting an average grade in all your school assignments, projects, essays, and homework? Try us today for all your academic schoolwork needs. We are among the most trusted and recognized professional writing services in the market.
We provide unique, original and plagiarism-free high quality academic, homework, assignments and essay submissions for all our clients. At our company, we capitalize on producing A+ Grades for all our clients and also ensure that you have smooth academic progress in all your school term and semesters.
High-quality academic submissions, A 100% plagiarism-free submission, Meet even the most urgent deadlines, Provide our services to you at the most competitive rates in the market, Give you free revisions until you meet your desired grades and Provide you with 24/7 customer support service via calls or live chats.